Frequently Asked Questions
What will this course teach me?
Many hospitals are no longer offering their childbirth preparation courses. These courses help prepare you for what your body will go through during labor, and help give you a foundation of knowledge about labor before it begins.
This course goes into thorough detail about the following things:
- The labor process: the stages and phases of labor and what you can expect your body to feel like and do through each phase of labor
- Comfort techniques - whether you plan for an unmedicated birth, birth with medications or an epidural, a combination of the above, or are totally unsure. We talk about everything with research-backed information from using aromatherapy oils and massage to epidural analgesia.
- Positions to try during labor and pushing. Whether you have an epidural or not!
- Tips for support people. A prepared support team is a valuable asset to your labor team!
- Information on cesarean birth. What you can expect from a scheduled or emergency cesarean delivery.
- Tips for coping though the toughest parts of labor
- Downloadable handouts to bring with you on the big day so you won't just forget everything you've learned!
- Lessons on how to advocate for yourself and your baby.
If I am planning to give birth at home or in a birth center, should I still take this course?
This course is definitely designed with the hospital in mind - after all, I am a labor nurse that works in the hospital setting!
However, there is tons of info in this course that could benefit you in any birth setting. You may just have to skip over some areas that pertain to hospital births.
Should I take this course even if I am having a c-section?
Absolutely! There is a lot of information on cesarean births, postpartum and more within the course.
What is 'lifetime access' to the course mean?
It means that as long as the course is active, you can take it as many times as you'd like! Whether you want to refresh your memory throughout your pregnancy and labor or if you want to take it again in a future pregnancy. The choice is yours!
Will this course help my partner, too?
Absolutely! It's meant to be taken by you and whoever will be supporting you during your birth.
Does this course teach breastfeeding?
This course talks briefly about breastfeeding but it is not a focus of the course. At this time, I do not offer a breastfeeding course but check back in the future!
I want to gift this course to someone I know that is pregnant - how do I do that?
What a beautiful gift! Simply enroll in the course and then send me an email: [email protected] I'll get you all squared away!
I really want to take this course, but I cannot afford it. What should I do?
When I created this course, I wanted to make it affordable and accessible to anyone who needed it. There is a great benefit to taking a birth course and I want to reach as many people as I can.
The cost of running this website, my time, and use of the course platform, scheduler, etc. does come with a cost. This is why I cannot offer the course at a lower cost to everyone, so I hope that those who do not need the reduced cost do not take advantage of my kindness.
There is a free 5 day email course you can take by clicking here. With this course, you enter your email and then you will receive a daily email for 5 days with some basic information. The email course is not as in-depth as the online course.
In an effort to reach lower-income communities, I do offer free/low-cost plans to those in need. Please send me an email explaining your situation to [email protected] I'd love to work something out with you.
If you would like to donate a course to someone in need, please use the email above to get in touch - thank you!